Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mayor Sandra Lee Seeley Bigler

Sandra Lee Seeley Bigler

I was born in the Madsen Hospital on Main Street in Mt. Pleasant on March 22, 1945 to my wonderful parents Hyrum Carlton Seeley and Elverda Elizabeth Smith.  I have lived in Mt. Pleasant for my entire life with the exception of 1 1/2 years spent in Salt Lake City.  I married John A. Bigler from Indianola, Utah on June 10, 1963.  We have been married over 50 years.  I graduated from North Sanpete High School in 1963; we were the first class who went through the consolidation from the sixth grade.

My husband and I have been self-employed our whole married life.  We ran a tire business and in 1976 we built Big Pine Sports in Fairview, Utah, which we later sold in 1989.  We are now in the agriculture business in Indianola raising alfalfa and livestock.  This farm has been in the Bigler name for 100 years.  I also worked for H and R Block for 11 years preparing taxes.

We are the proud parents of two daughters, JoAnn (Ted) Mollinet of Fairview, Utah and Tammy (Mark) Jorgensen of Mt. Pleasant, Utah.  We have 6 grandchildren: Natalie (Preston) Burnside, Jammie (Rusty) Hansen, Michelle (Devin) Mackey, Kolton (Alexa) Jorgensen, Kaden (Meagan) Jorgensen, and Keisha Jorgensen and 7 great grandchildren:  Mashaylie, MaCoy, Makinley, and Mersadie Burnside, Caybrie and Chesnie Hansen and Trace Mackey.

In 1995 I ran for a seat with the Mt.Pleasant City Council and was delighted to be elected.  I served on the council from 1995 until May 2009, in which I was appointed Mayor to fill the 6 month term of Chesley Christensen upon his untimely death.  In November of 2009 I ran for Mayor of Mt. Pleasant and was elected to a four year term, which I completed in 2013.  In 2007 I was given the position of Sexton of the Mt. Pleasant City Cemetery.  I have loved this position and I am currently continuing in this capacity.

It has been a pleasure to work for such a great city for 18years and to serve the great citizens of Mt. Pleasant City.  It is a City that is rich in a lot of history, and I am proud of my ancestors who have served in elected positions in Mt. Pleasant City/


No comments:

Post a Comment